A number of new exchanges have sprung up to meet the soaring demand for crypto and related technologies, such as Decentralized Finance (DeFi) and Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs). Users can buy, sell, and trade various cryptocurrencies on crypto exchanges. Founded in 2017 by Changpeng Zhao (CZ), the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange is Binance.
Founded in the midst of the 2017 cryptocurrency mania, Binance has since evolved to become the go-to arena for the majority of retail and corporate investors alike. Before moving to Malta, a region well-known for its crypto-friendliness, it began operations in mainland China.
Features of Binance Exchange
The main features of the platform are as follows;
- Low fees, detailed charts, and support for a lot of different coins. People who buy with a debit card have to pay a 4.5% fee, and 0.10% spot-trading fees, while others who want to deposit or withdraw money have to pay different fees depending on what kind of cryptocurrency is being used.
- Security: It’s possible to use two-factor authentication through text messages or the Google Authenticator app to keep your account safe. Other options include device-level limits, U2F authentication with a hardware key, and whitelisting pre-approved addresses.
- The platform supports transactions such as margin trading, market order, limit order market, etc.
- Binance frequently gives freebies and challenges in order to encourage users to engage with its platform. These incentives can all be redeemed through the hub of the Binance reward. Binance’s coin airdrop program also distributes tokens for upcoming cryptocurrencies that will be listed on the exchange in the near future.
- Customized charting: With Binance’s embedded TradingView charts, users may create advanced charting views with hundreds of overlays and indicators to suit their individual needs.
- Unlike other cryptocurrency exchanges, Binance makes its API keys publicly available, allowing third-party applications to communicate with the exchange.
Other than exchange-related services, Binance provides clients with a wide range of tools and platforms that they can use. To give you an idea, here are a few examples:
- Stablecoins deposited on Binance Earn can be staked and accrue interest. The exchange offers investors a variety of investment alternatives and interest rates for their coins, depending on the denomination and the term of the coins.
- By converting bitcoins to fiat money, customers, without added fees, can make purchases of goods and services all around the world using the Binance Visa Card. Indirect costs are avoided through third-party fees, but these payments must be made in order for the conversion to be performed successfully. Additionally, Binance has a user verification policy for asset and institutional security as a global cryptocurrency exchange that is under heightened regulatory scrutiny.
A range of platforms is available for Binance’s services, including mobile apps for iOS and Android, browser-based websites, and a desktop application for Mac and Windows. Those with more experience and a need for near-instantaneous updates can utilize the desktop or mobile app, respectively. It is advised that the exchange’s mobile app or desktop version is used instead of the browser-based experience during periods of high transaction volume.
As a centralized exchange, identity verification is necessary to trade effectively on Binance while adhering to all Know Your Customer (KYC) standards. After ID verification is complete, your Binance fiat deposit and withdrawal limits will be increased. Additionally, your country, first and last names, birth date, street address, zip code, and the city must be submitted.
To upgrade to the intermediate level and receive a higher limit, you must photocopy and submit a copy of your government-issued identification. You may be able to use an identification card such as a passport, or driver’s license depending on the country. A face verification will be performed using a selfie or a photo submitted to your computer. If you desire to upgrade your account further, you must provide proof of address, such as a recent bank statement or utility bill.
Deposit fees aren’t charged by Binance, but withdrawal fees are. Some transactions, like withdrawing bitcoins, may cost more because of network lag and congestion. Fees are usually cut by 25% if you trade and pay with the platform’s native coin, the Binance Coin (BNB).
For each currency, there is a different charge structure for withdrawing money from your account. There is a lot to like about Binance because its prices and costs are low, as well as its lower fees when you use BNB for trades.
How to Deposit Money and Trade on Binance
With fiat money, users can deposit up to 50 different currencies into Binance. Payment for your account can be made via bank transfer, debit or credit card, or cash. You should be able to purchase bitcoin and trade on Binance within a few hours of making your deposit. The vast majority of deposit alternatives are completely free, straightforward, and quite simple to use.
Customers that trade cryptocurrencies in real-time on Binance are drawn in by the ease and speed with which they can execute their transactions. As an example of innovation, the exchange offers a choice of trading interfaces dependent on your level of expertise.
To make the procedure easier for beginners, Binance recommends that they use the convert option, which is accessible via an intuitive interface. In the top section, you must first input the cryptocurrency you wish to exchange, followed by the amount of cryptocurrency you wish to swap.
The coin or fiat currency that should be utilized is specified in the bottom part of the form. In addition, trading commissions will be withdrawn from your account once the trade has been successfully completed.
When it comes to experienced investors looking for cutting-edge trading choices as well as a lot of analytical data to support their strategy picks, the cryptocurrency exchange Binance remains the best option.
When you first start out, there may be a learning curve that you’d have to follow, but with time and experience, it becomes second nature. Binance is a fantastic choice for cryptocurrency investors because of its low costs, global accessibility, and support for more than 500 cryptocurrencies. The company has gained the trust of both its customers and the bitcoin community as a result of this.
Besides its core crypto trading offerings, Binance has an established Peer-2-Peer (P2P) trading offering and a thriving NFT marketplace as it seeks to extend its innovative role in the broader crypto world.